Open Face Breakfast Sandwich
I have always enjoyed a good open faced sandwich and when I found out I was a Type 2 Diabetic, I thought all of that was over. Bread is very high in carbohydrates and has a high glycemic index value. Both of which translates to your body converting carbohydrates to sugars, thus raising your blood sugar levels. Not good.
Then I found Natures Own – Whole Wheat – Sugar Free bread.
It only has 9 mg of carbohydrates and 50 calories per slice. Add to this Olive Oil Mayonnaise, Arugula, Tomatoes, Lite Ranch and Eggs, then you have a great tasting Open Face Breakfast Sandwich.
Do you want to try out this recipe? We have it below so you can try it.
- 1 slice of Natures Own – Whole Wheat – Sugar Free bread
- 1/4 cup Arugula (or Baby Spinach)
- 1/4 cup Sliced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Lite Ranch Dressing
- 1 egg
- Butter cooking spray
- Toast bread (optional, depending upon your liking)
- Spread mayonnaise on toasted bread
- Place arugula (or spinach) on toast.
- Place tomatoes on arugula.
- Sprinkle ranch dressing on tomatoes and arugula
- Fry egg easy over using cooking spray
- Place egg on tomatoes and arugula
You can always add or reduce the ingredients. Use your imagination and enjoy that sandwich!